Kids day out in Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre - Castle EspieTagged as outdoor, nature park
About Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre - Castle Espie
Castle Espie Wetland Centre is set on the shores of the stunning Strangford Lough in Northern Ireland where almost the entire population of Light-bellied Brent Geese reside during the winter months.Castle Espie Wetland Centre is open for business as usual but is undergoing essential redevelopment work, which when completed will make your visits to the centre even more memorable.
So much to see and do
Entrance to the new visitor centre at Castle Espie
* Learn how you can make a difference in the Sustainable Garden
* See the largest collection of ducks, geese and swans in Ireland
* Discover the Wet Woodland
See the amazing beauty of Strangford Lough
* Fantastic views from the the Brent Hide
* Learning for everyone in the Education area
* Gallery/Coffee shop
* Gift Shop
* Play and picnic zone
* Stoat Town natural play area
Hides and nature walks allow you to get close to wild birds and the collection of endangered birds from around the world. This is a tranquil and friendly centre for all the family where you can find out more about Irish wetlands, and how you can save them for future generations.